Jonny Williams thanks fans for their ‘special support’ following his return to Ipswich Town
Jonny Williams has thanked fans for their ‘special support’ following his return to Ipswich Town for a third spell.
The talented midfielder once again joined the Blues from Crystal Palace, moments before yesterday’s 5pm deadline, the Football League allowing him to continue his cut-short-by-injury loan from earlier in the campaign.
The Welsh international hasn’t kicked a ball in anger since Watford’s Joel Ekstrand’s crude tackle at Portman Road last November left him with a serious thigh problem; several injury set-backs having come along his long road to recovery.
“The last five months have been very tough but the support I’ve had from fans during that period has been special,” said Williams, talking to the club’s official website.
“I’m delighted to be back at Ipswich and I can’t wait to get back out on the pitch again.
“I really enjoyed my last two spells here and I’m looking forward to starting my third.
“The boys are doing really well and I’m hoping I can contribute wherever possible in this promotion push. They’re a great bunch of lads and I’m looking forward to working with them and the staff again.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 2 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 3 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 4 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich players performed in their 2-0 Wimbledon win
- 6 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 7 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 8 AFC Wimbledon 0-2 Ipswich Town: It's Burns Night as winger inspires win
- 9 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 10 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
“I just can’t wait to get started now.”