Jonny Williams thanks fans for their ‘special support’ following his return to Ipswich Town
Jonny Williams has thanked fans for their ‘special support’ following his return to Ipswich Town for a third spell.
The talented midfielder once again joined the Blues from Crystal Palace, moments before yesterday’s 5pm deadline, the Football League allowing him to continue his cut-short-by-injury loan from earlier in the campaign.
The Welsh international hasn’t kicked a ball in anger since Watford’s Joel Ekstrand’s crude tackle at Portman Road last November left him with a serious thigh problem; several injury set-backs having come along his long road to recovery.
“The last five months have been very tough but the support I’ve had from fans during that period has been special,” said Williams, talking to the club’s official website.
“I’m delighted to be back at Ipswich and I can’t wait to get back out on the pitch again.
You may also want to watch:
“I really enjoyed my last two spells here and I’m looking forward to starting my third.
“The boys are doing really well and I’m hoping I can contribute wherever possible in this promotion push. They’re a great bunch of lads and I’m looking forward to working with them and the staff again.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 4 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 8 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
“I just can’t wait to get started now.”