Jordan signs a new Town contract
IPSWICH Town striker Jordan Rhodes has signed a new two-year professional contract to stay at Ipswich Town.The 17-year-old, who was signed for an initial £5,000 from Barnsley's Academy, leads the attack this afternoon when the reserves open the defence of their Combination Reserve League title at Northampton (Sixfields, 2pm).
By Derek Davis
IPSWICH Town striker Jordan Rhodes has signed a new two-year professional contract to stay at Ipswich Town.
The 17-year-old, who was signed for an initial £5,000 from Barnsley's Academy, leads the attack this afternoon when the reserves open the defence of their Combination Reserve League title at Northampton (Sixfields, 2pm).
Rhodes will line up alongside Danny Haynes, who was sent off in last Tuesday's Champions Cup win over Brighton. His suspension does not kick in until the end of August, as reserve league rules are different to those in the Championship.
You may also want to watch:
Haynes will miss the away trips to Watford and West Brom and the home match against Leicester City, while Fabian Wilnis' dismissal against Plymouth means an automatic three-match ban starting immediately.
Matt Richards, Shane Supple, Jaime Peters and Sito Castro are also involved in what will otherwise be a young side.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
Ipswich Town: Supple, Plummer, Robinson, Synnott, Ainsley, C Williams, Watson, Clemo, Richards, Sito, Tooms, Upson, Haynes, Peters, Trotter and Rhodes.