‘Ipswich kept intensity in the game’ - Spurs boss Mourinho on victory over Town
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho was pleased with his side’s display as they beat Ipswich Town 3-0 this afternoon.
Son Heung-min scored twice, after Ryan Sessegnon had opened the scoring, to give the Premier League side the victory over League One Ipswich.
But the Spurs boss was pleased with the intensity the Ipswich players were able to offer his side, as manager Paul Lambert used two different XIs in either half.
“We have no injuries, which is important, and we saw some really good things,” Mourinho said.
MORE: Player grades: How the Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat at Tottenham“We managed to save the players from playing 90 minutes, which would have been premature this early in pre-season.
“Ipswich are League One but have been training for a few weeks. They played two different teams in the halves but kept some intensity in the game, which was good and that helped us.
“We started well and put into practice some of things we worked on during the week. Half of our squad was not here but it was good and positive with some really good things.
“All three goalkeepers (Hugo Lloris, Joe Hart and Paulo Gazzaniga) kept clean sheets, which was good.”
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 4 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 7 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 8 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 9 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 10 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph