‘Ipswich kept intensity in the game’ - Spurs boss Mourinho on victory over Town
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho was pleased with his side’s display as they beat Ipswich Town 3-0 this afternoon.
Son Heung-min scored twice, after Ryan Sessegnon had opened the scoring, to give the Premier League side the victory over League One Ipswich.
But the Spurs boss was pleased with the intensity the Ipswich players were able to offer his side, as manager Paul Lambert used two different XIs in either half.
“We have no injuries, which is important, and we saw some really good things,” Mourinho said.
MORE: Player grades: How the Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat at Tottenham“We managed to save the players from playing 90 minutes, which would have been premature this early in pre-season.
“Ipswich are League One but have been training for a few weeks. They played two different teams in the halves but kept some intensity in the game, which was good and that helped us.
You may also want to watch:
“We started well and put into practice some of things we worked on during the week. Half of our squad was not here but it was good and positive with some really good things.
“All three goalkeepers (Hugo Lloris, Joe Hart and Paulo Gazzaniga) kept clean sheets, which was good.”
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 8 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 9 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton