Josh Emmanuel joins Crawley Town on loan
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Teenage Ipswich Town right-back Josh Emmanuel has joined League Two side Crawley on loan ahead of today’s 5pm deadline.
The broad-shouldered 18-year-old impressed on his full debut, the 2-2 season-opener at Brentford, and subsequently featured against Brighton (subbed at half-time of a 3-2 home defeat) as well as League Cup ties against Doncaster and Manchester United.
He signed a two-year professional deal in August and has now been loaned out for some valuable first-team experience.
The London-born full-back joins Town club-mate Josh Yorwerth at Broadfield Stadium. Mark Yates’ side, who are currently 15th in the table, are at Carlisle on Saturday.
“I was at Crawley watching Josh Yorwerth on Friday night,” said Blues boss Mick McCarthy. “They’ve done really well and Josh (Yorwerth) has certainly helped them move out of the relegation zone.
You may also want to watch:
“Mark Yates is looking for players. He’s got Lewis Young playing at right-back, who is a winger really, so if they are looking for a right-back then Josh Emmanuel will be perfect for them. He’ll be great.
“He played in our first game at Brentford and was excellent. He did well in the cup ties too. He’ll be more than capable at that level.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window
- 10 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
“He needs first team football. We can’t keep dragging him around, just having him on the bench and giving him Under-21 football. He needs a run of proper games.”