Ipswich recall Emmanuel from loan spell at Shrewsbury
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have recalled Josh Emmanuel from his loan spell at Shrewsbury Town.
The 21-year-old joined the League One side in the summer and has made 20 appearances for the Shropshire side.
But he has not started a League One game since November 24 and has not made a league start under new boss Sam Ricketts.
“We agreed it would be better for him to go and play every week and we couldn’t guarantee him that so we agreed to let him return to Ipswich. We wish him all the best in the future,” Ricketts said.
His recall means he will provide cover at right-back, following Janoi Donacien’s loan return to Accrington Stanley earlier today.
You may also want to watch:
Jordan Spence had been an ever-present under Paul Lambert before dropping out of the team for last weekend’s victory over Rotherham, during which Matthew Pennington played on the right side of the back four.
Given he has not featured for Ipswich during this campaign, would be eligible to be sent out on loan for second spell elsewhere. Players can be registered for a maximum of three clubs during any one season but are only able to play competitively for two.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
Luke Woolfenden is now the only Ipswich Town youngster out on loan, with the defender playing regularly in League Two for Swindon Town.