Josh Thompson needs an operation
- Credit: Archant
Josh Thompson will be out for a further three months with an ankle injury.
It was hoped that centre-half Thompson would gradually recover fully from his ankle problem, which has kept him on the sidelines for most of this season.
But Colchester United boss Joe Dunne, speaking during this morning’s press conference, revealed that Thompson would require an operation to return to fitness.
“Josh needs an ankle operation, and that will keep him out for three months,” revealed Dunne.
“He had been making some progress in rehab, and had reached a certain point in his recovery, but the ankle is still very sore.
You may also want to watch:
“Josh underwent further investigation of his ankle yesterday and, on seeing the speciliast, it was agreed that he would need an operation,” added Dunne.
The U’s are away at Brentford this Saturday.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 7 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 8 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move