Josh Thompson puts pen to paper on deal
JOSH Thompson has put pen to paper and signed a permanent contract with Colchester United.
Centre-half Thompson has impressed during his loan stint with the U’s, from League One rivals Portsmouth, and has agreed terms on a deal that will take him through to the end of the 2013-14 campaign.
Thompson has recently replaced Magnus Okuonghae in the heart of defence, to partner Tom Eastman, although the 21-year-old was sent off for a professional foul after just 10 minutes of the last game, a 3-1 defeat by Brentford, and so now faces a suspension.
He will serve his one-match ban at home to Swindon tomorrow.
U’s boss Joe Dunne enthused: “Josh has shown he is a player with tremendous ability and he has the potential to improve even further. He’s a good signing for us.”
Fellow loanee Jabo Ibehre, meanwhile, is currently mulling over the offer of a permanent deal with the U’s, after an initial three-month loan spell with the U’s.
Ibehre has returned to his parent club MK Dons, having picked up an abdominal injury during the 1-0 away defeat at Walsall.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 7 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 8 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 9 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 10 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK