Josh Webster secures ride for main Formula Renault 2.0 UK Championship
STOWMARKET teenager Josh Webster will race in the main Certina Formula Renault 2.0 UK Championship for 2012, having secured a deal to stay with experienced race-winning squad Mark Burdett Motorsport.
The 18-year-old was impressive when driving for the Skegness-based squad in the six-round Formula Renault UK ‘Finals Series’ last November, finishing third in the driver standings.
The 2011 Protyre Formula Renault BARC Championship vice-champion said: “We’ve been working so hard to try and put together a deal to race in Formula Renault UK this year so I’m happy we’ve been able to agree something with Mark Burdett.
“The team did a great job for me in the Finals Series last year and together we showed we’ve got what it takes to run at the front in Formula Renault UK.
“I have to say a big thank you to all of my sponsors, especially James Palmer of Nine Telecom, Graham McMullen and David Marsden of Admiral Managed Networks and Pas Ruggiero of Integra ICT, for continuing to support me and helping us to finalise a great drive for 2012. “This is going to be such an important year for my career, particularly as I’ll be representing Team UK and the MSA, so I’ll be giving it everything.”
You may also want to watch:
FIA Formula One World Champions Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis Hamilton are both past winners of the Formula Renault UK title.
- 1 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 4 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 8 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 9 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 10 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players