Julianne Courtice defeats Hana Moataz to lift the Christchurch Vets Ipswich Open title
- Credit: Archant
Julianne Courtice lifted the Christchurch Vets Ipswich Open title after a 3-1 victory over second-seed Hana Moataz, at Ipswich Sports Club.
Following her maiden victory in the Edinburgh BSPA event at the end of January, she clearly is enjoying competition, and said: “This time last year I was working full time and I never thought I’d be doing this, so to be playing on the circuit and having some success is a great feeling.
“It is also refreshing for audiences to see a more varied, entertaining game rather than a ‘slug it out’ big hitting contest.”
Although she lost, Moataz made a lot of friends during her week playing at Henley Road.
She played some great squash over the week and, at only 17, she has many years to make her mark on the sport.
You may also want to watch:
Certainly the Ipswich audience would be more than happy to see a rematch in a year’s time.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies