Vincent-Young back at Colchester after Ipswich Town trial
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Trialist Kane Vincent-Young is back with Colchester United following his spell training with Ipswich Town.
The youngster turned down a new deal with the U’s at the end of last season and spent last week with the Ipswich squad during their pre-season trip to Spain, playing 90 minutes in the behind-closed-doors friendly victory over Kilmarnock on Sunday.
But he has now left the Ipswich camp and has returned to Colchester, with manager John McGreal now confident of tying him down to a new deal.
“Kane will be on the trip to Carden Park, which is brilliant news for us,” McGreal told the Colchester Gazette.
“We’ve tried really hard with Kane.
“I don’t know what’s gone on and I’m not going to ask too many questions but he’s been one of our players and he’s been excellent for us, especially during my two-year tenure in charge.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s a genuine hope now that he’ll sign the contract.
“We’ll sit down with his representatives and Tony (Humes) and Robbie (Cowling) and try and get something organised as quickly as we can.”
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 10 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip