Vincent-Young misses out on Player of the Month award, while Barton wins manager trophy
Kane Vincent-Young has missed out on the Sky Bet player of the month award - but he did win the PFA gong.
The Ipswich Town rigt-back, who has been superb since arriving at Portman Road from Colchester United, earned his nomination after some thrilling displays in September, including a couple of goal of the season contenders.
But he missed out to red hot Bristol Rovers striker Jonson Clarke-Harris, who bagged five goals in five games, including a spectacular overhead kick against Accrington.
Vincent-Young, however, did win the PFA award for September, following team-mate James Norwood, who lifted the August prize.
There wasn't even a nomination for manager Paul Lambert, despite his team sitting atop the League One table, and remaining unbeaten after 11 games.
Fleetwood boss Joey Barton took the Sky Bet manager of the month prize, having seen his side beaten 1-0 by Town last weekend - a game before which he called the current Blues side one of the worst in Ipswich history.
- 1 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 2 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 3 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 4 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 5 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 6 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 7 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled
- 8 'That is the calibre'- Oxford boss on potential transfer move for Norwood
- 9 Three overnight burglaries in the same Sudbury street
- 10 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott