‘He’ll be a really good signing for us’ - Lambert confirms Vincent-Young’s move to Ipswich Town is complete
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Paul Lambert has confirmed Kane Vincent-Young is now an Ipswich Town player after completing his move from Colchester.
The 23-year-old's move from the Essex club has yet to be announced officially by the club, but he was with the Blues' travelling squad for this afternoon's 2-2 draw at Peterborough.
It's believed his signing will cost the club in the region of £500,000.
When asked if Vincent-Young is now an Ipswich player, Lambert replied: "Yeah, he has.
"He came, but he wouldn't have been fit anyway.
You may also want to watch:
"He's got a little knock on his toe so I've got to see how he is over the next couple of days.
"He'll be a really good signing for the club.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 7 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 10 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
"As I said before we need the squad to be stronger than it is.
When asked if Vincent-Young will be available for Tuesday's clash with AFC Wimbledon, Lambert replied: "I don't know. We'll try him tomorrow and see how he is."