Electrifying Vincent-Young on player of the month shortlist
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Electrifying Ipswich Town full-back Kane Vincent Young has been nominated for September’s Sky Bet player of the month award.
The 23-year-old, signed from Colchester United for £500,000 towards the end of the summer transfer window, has been a revelation at Portman Road, where he's made the right-back spot his own.
As well as forming part of a rock solid backline which conceded just one goal in four league games last month, he also netted in spectacular fashion twice.
The first saw him head home the winner in the 1-0 triumph at Gillingham, capping a fine 25-pass move, while he took matters into his own hands against Tranmere, embarking on a marauding step-over-laden run which he finished with aplomb.
Vincent-Young faces Bristol Rovers striker Jonson Clarke-Harris, Peterborough hitman Mo Eisa and Oxford midfielder James Henry in the battle for the award, the winner of which will be announced on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Clarke-Harris scored five in five last month, while Eisa plundered four in four and Henry bagged five strikes in a goal-crazy month for Oxford.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 6 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 7 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 8 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark