Kanout� not interested in Spurs return
SEVILLA striker Fr�d�ric Kanout� says he has no interest in rejoining Tottenham. (Daily Mirror)The 31-year-old striker has been linked with a move back to the Premier League in the summer after four years away.
SEVILLA striker Fr�d�ric Kanout� says he has no interest in rejoining Tottenham. (Daily Mirror)
The 31-year-old striker has been linked with a move back to the Premier League in the summer after four years away.
However, the Mali international said: “I enjoyed playing football a lot in England, but I was a bit tired.”
Kanout� first came to England in 2000, joining West Ham from French club Lyon - he then went on to score 29 goals in 84 appearances for the east London club.
You may also want to watch:
Spurs then bought the French-born striker at the end of the 2002/3 season where he enjoyed mixed success over a two year period.
Despite scoring 14 goals in a Spurs shirt and showing occasional flashes of brilliance, Kanout� - nicknamed Fredi - chose to play in the African Cup of Nations over the Premier League and went AWOL from Tottenham's summer tour to Mauritius in 2005.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
He was eventually sold to Spanish side Sevilla for 6.5m Euros in August 2005 where he has gone on to win two UEFA Cup medals and score 59 times in 120 appearances.