Kanout� not interested in Spurs return
SEVILLA striker Fr�d�ric Kanout� says he has no interest in rejoining Tottenham. (Daily Mirror)The 31-year-old striker has been linked with a move back to the Premier League in the summer after four years away.
SEVILLA striker Fr�d�ric Kanout� says he has no interest in rejoining Tottenham. (Daily Mirror)
The 31-year-old striker has been linked with a move back to the Premier League in the summer after four years away.
However, the Mali international said: “I enjoyed playing football a lot in England, but I was a bit tired.”
Kanout� first came to England in 2000, joining West Ham from French club Lyon - he then went on to score 29 goals in 84 appearances for the east London club.
Spurs then bought the French-born striker at the end of the 2002/3 season where he enjoyed mixed success over a two year period.
Despite scoring 14 goals in a Spurs shirt and showing occasional flashes of brilliance, Kanout� - nicknamed Fredi - chose to play in the African Cup of Nations over the Premier League and went AWOL from Tottenham's summer tour to Mauritius in 2005.
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 5 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 6 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 7 Lorry carrying mobile unit pulled over on A14 for being too wide
- 8 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 9 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 10 Award-winning Suffolk restaurant opens new gourmet food shop
He was eventually sold to Spanish side Sevilla for 6.5m Euros in August 2005 where he has gone on to win two UEFA Cup medals and score 59 times in 120 appearances.