Karl Duguid urges fans to support Kem Izzet’s Testimonial
KARL Duguid is in the best position of all to respect fellow stalwart Kem Izzet, who stages his Testimonial game this Saturday.
Duguid, like Izzet, has rattled up more than 400 league games for Colchester United.
“Any player who spends 10 years at any one club now should get the recognition that they deserve,” insisted Duguid.
“Kem is no different to anyone else. It doesn’t happen very much anymore.
“He’s been a great servant to the football club, and he gives 100% every time he plays for the football club, we all know that.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully, people will turn out to appreciate that, because I feel that he deserves it.
“I think the fans appreciate that and hopefully they will turn out in force to support him, especially as there will be some good ex-players there as well that they can cheer on.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
“I’m really looking forward to seeing so many old friends.
“I think I’ll have about four games to play!” added Duguid, who made his U’s first team debut back in 1995.
Izzet has been with the U’s since joining from Charlton in 2001.
Izzet’s Testimonial day begins at 1pm, with a game between the ‘Boys of 92’ and the ‘Wiggy’s Wonders of 98,’ a clash of the promotion squads of yesteryear.
Phil Parkinson’s ‘All Stars’ Celebrity team will then take on the current U’s squad, from 2pm.
Star players set to feature include Teddy Sheringham, Kem’s brother Muzzy Izzet, and a host of familiar faces from the U’s last 20 years.
England and Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe will also be in attendance.
Tickets are available from the Colchester United Box Office, or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets are just �10 for adults and �5 for under-16s and OAPs.
The gates will open at 11.30am