European stars Wojcik and Wozniak set for title clash at Contenders 27
- Credit: Archant
Two of Europe’s top female fighters will clash for strawweight gold and Polish bragging rights at Contenders 27 this September.
Poles Karolina Wojcik, the current EFC 115lbs champion, and undefeated prospect Ewelina Wozniak will fight for the Contenders title at the Epic Studios in Norwich on September 28.
It's a fight which will set pulses racing across Europe, with Wozniak coming off a highlight reel knockout of Anita Bekus last month, while Wojcik lifted the EFC title - South Africa's leading MMA promotion - last year.
Wojcik, 24, boasts a 5-1 pro record, including two straight victories, while her only loss in a fantastic 7-1 amateur career was to Cory McKenna, current Cage Warriors title contender and one of the hottest prospects in global MMA.
However, the Reps MMA fighter faces a very tough test in Wozniak, who packs the sort of power which is rare to see in the lower weight classes.
You may also want to watch:
Wozniak, who'll have a three-inch height advantage, has won both her pro fights by stoppage (one KO, one submission) and is currently riding an eight fight winning streak.
She's not lost since December 2015, a points defeat to Aleksandra Rola in just the third fight of her amateur career.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
The title fight is the second bout to be revealed for September's show, with the cracking pro featherweight battle between Scott Butters and Richard Mearns also on the card.
Visit the Contenders website for more information and to book tickets.