Katherine Rednall adds national under-25s title to trophy cabinet
World champion Katherine Rednall has added the Ladies’ Under-25 Singles title to her trophy cabinet.
The 18-year-old Ipswich Indoor Bowls Club player, who triumphed at last week’s World Matchplay Singles event at Potters – with an 14-4, 11-3 victory over Rebecca Field – defeated Danielle Martinson of North Cave Indoor Bowls Club in straight sets, at the event in Basingstoke.
Rednall admitted to be slightly apprehensive going into the event, following her spectacular win in Norfolk, but she made short work of her opponents, tying just one leg throughout her campaign.
The Stowmarket High School pupil defeated South Shields’ Emily Maher in the first round, before going on to beat Megan Rolfe by the same score in the quarter finals.
Rednall won her last-four game 1.5/0.5 against Welford-Upon-Avon’s Amy Stanton, before going on to see off Martinson in the final.
You may also want to watch:
The men’s junior singles was won by Jamie Walker, defeating Blackpool Newton Hall’s Wayne Ditchfield in straight sets.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 4 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 7 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 8 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 9 A12 closed following serious collision
- 10 Ipswich Hospital confirms 'significant' Covid outbreak in past fortnight