Kesgrave’s new junior parkrun event gets off to a flying start
Scores of children laced up their running shoes to take part in the launch of Kesgrave’s junior parkrun on Sunday.
A huge turnout of 157 children took part in the free, timed 2k run around Millennium Field - 95 of whom had never taken part in any other parkrun before.
Kesgrave’s is the third junior parkrun, aimed at four to 14-year-olds to launch in Suffolk.
And it was a special day for youngster Ebony Gilbert who celebrated her eighth birthday at the run.
She was also presented with a half marathon bracelet after completing 11 runs at Ipswich junior parkrun.
You may also want to watch:
Event director Linda Young said she had no idea it would be so popular.
She said: “The 157 children who joined in doesn’t include the under fours who also took part. It was a massive turnout.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 6 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 10 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
“We were aiming at 50 to 60 kids - it took us all by surprise.”
For more information on future events visit www.parkrun.org/kesgrave-juniors or www.facebook.com/kesgravejuniorparkrun