Key appointments made at Stowmarket Rugby Club
- Credit: Archant
Stowmarket Rugby Club have appointed John Holton as the new first-team coach at Chilton Fields.
Holton has recently returned from New Zealand, having coached various clubs and schools there, as well as in England and Argentina.
Holton was appointed by the club’s new Director of Senior Rugby, Tony Crowe.
Crowe spent nearly 25 years at the club as a player, captaining the first-team for two seasons in the 1990s.
Meanwhile, Tom Anderson was elected as Club Chairman at the April AGM.
You may also want to watch:
Anderson joined the club as a youth player 15 years ago, moving into the senior section at the age of 16, where for two years he captained the 2nd XV.
The aim this season is to see the talent of the players translate to passion on the field, so that Stowmarket RFC can be an organisation the whole town can be proud of and get behind.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 9 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 10 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
Pre Season started on Tuesday – all newcomers are welcome.