Key dates for Colchester United in 2014-15
- Credit: Su Anderson
Colchester United will be at home to Oldham Athletic on the opening day of the 2014-15 League One campaign.
The fixtures for the new season were published at 9am this morning, and the U’s have been given a home game for the first time in 12 years, against the Latics (August 9), who earlier in the summer signed former U’s skipper Brian Wilson.
Joe Dunne’s men also end the season on home turf, against Preston North End, who lost out in the play-offs last season.
The U’s will also enjoy home advantage on Boxing Day, against Joe Dunne’s old club Gillingham.
Afte entertaining Oldham, the U’s have three away games on the trot at Charlton (Capital One Cup), Bristol City (Saturday, August 16) and Notts County (Tuesday, August 19).
You may also want to watch:
There is no New Year’s Day fixture for the new season. Instead, the U’s will be at home to MK Dons on Saturday, January 3.
United’s first trip to newly-promoted Fleetwood Town will be on the penultimate weekend of the season, on April 25.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 A12 closed following serious collision
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 10 Ipswich Debenhams to close on May 4 after the building is sold