McCarthy expects Moore to return to Ipswich with a point to prove
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Kieffer Moore will return to Portman Road this evening looking to prove Ipswich Town were wrong to let him go.
Moore was loaned to Rotherham at the start of the season and was an instant hit as he scored 13 goals, before being sold to Barnsley in January for a fee believed to be close to £750,000.
He never made a senior start after joining the Blues from Forest Green in 2015, with McCarthy expecting him to return with a point to prove.
“He will want to prove he should have stayed here I guess but he’s done well at Rotherham, he’s been doing OK and Barnsley have got some good results, and the club did alright out of that deal as well,” he said.
“In the end it wouldn’t matter what my thoughts were on it – he is always going to be an asset and a handful in the league but if he’s going to be a top performer on a regular basis then that remains to be seen. That’s not been done yet by him.”
You may also want to watch:
“But it was a bloomin’ good deal.”
When asked if selling Moore on at a substantial profit was one of McCarthy’s best deals during his time at Portman Road, he said: “It didn’t benefit me at all, did it?
- 1 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 2 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 3 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 7 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 8 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree
- 9 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 10 Three vehicle crash causing delays near Ipswich
“It’s good business, it’s good management of course.”