Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Knudsen linked with move back home
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town left back Jonas Knudsen is being eyed by two top clubs back in his homeland, it has been reported.
The Danish international, 26, sparked rumours of a move away recently when he revealed he’d be interested in testing the market in January, given there had been no movement from Town on a new deal. He admitted that Middlesbrough and Stoke has both been in contact in the summer.
And now, according to Danish newspaper BT Sport’s podcast, the Danish Superliga top two, FC Copenhagen and FC Midtylland, are both considering a swoop for the international.
The former are said to have already made contact with Kundsen’s agent, but would need to move a player on first before committing to a bid for Knudsen.
New boss Paul Lambert revealed last month that he’s recommended to owner Marcus Evans that Knudsen be offered a new deal, and the player himself said last week that he’s happy at Town and will give his all for the club.
MORE: Knudsen happy at Blues
You may also want to watch:
Knudsen joined the Blues from his local side Esbjerg fB in the summer of 2015 for a fee of £300,000. He has made 144 starts and two sub appearances, scoring four times.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 5 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop