Kuqi is Owls danger man
Player to watch – Shefki KuqiBorn in Albania, this dangerous striker has won international honours with Finland. He is 26 years old and stands 6ft 2ins.
Player to watch – Shefki Kuqi
Born in Albania, this dangerous striker has won international honours with Finland. He is 26 years old and stands 6ft 2ins.
He joined HJK Helsinki in May 1999 and then played for FC Jokerit before a £300,000 move to Stockport County in January 2001.
He proved his ability in the rough and tumble of Nationwide League football and scored four times in his first 10 appearances for the Edgeley Park club.
You may also want to watch:
His form dipped after the departure of manager Joe Kilner and his goal against Barnsley on Boxing Day proved to his last for the north-west club.
He impressed scouts from Hillsbrough and Sheffield Wednesday paid £700,000 in January 2002. He scored six goals in 17 League appearances for the Owls.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 10 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
Kuqi's current partner up front is Lee Bradbury, who is on loan from Portsmouth.
They are a formidable pair in that both stand more than six foot and enjoy nothing better than goalmouth tussles from dead-ball situations.
Kuqi may not go down in history amongst the great Sheffield Wednesday forwards, but he is the type they need in their present predicament because his commitment cannot be faulted.