Kurtis Guthrie could have played his last game for Colchester United
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Kurtis Guthrie will NOT play for Colchester United this weekend, and there are serious question marks over whether he will play again for the Essex club.
Guthrie was not in the 18-man squad for Tuesday evening’s goalless draw at Morecambe, and boss John McGreal confirmed after this morning’s training session that the 24-year-old front-runner would not be involved at Stevenage this Saturday.
Guthrie was substituted during the U’s last home match, a 1-0 defeat to Yeovil last weekend, and did not look happy as he left the pitch.
“It’s my decision that Kurtis (Guthrie) will not be involved this weekend” confirmed McGreal.
Asked about whether Guthrie would play again this season, McGreal said: “We shall have to wait and see.”
You may also want to watch:
Guthrie was the U’s second leading scorer with 12 goals last season, before suffering a serious ankle injury. But he has only played 13 first-team games this season and his contract expires this summer.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 8 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 9 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window
- 10 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week