‘It would have to be for a hell of a lot of money’ – Lambert on interest in Dozzell
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert says it would take ‘a hell of a lot of money’ for the club to consider selling youngster Andre Dozzell.
The 20-year-old midfielder - who has been capped by England up to Under-20 level - is now heading into the final year of his Portman Road contract and is the subject of interest from various Premier League clubs, including bitter rivals Norwich City.
"If it's a Premier League club it will be for a hell of a lot of money, but I've not heard anything like that," said Lambert.
"Dozzell's been playing really well but if a Premier League club comes knocking then it would have to be a hell of a lot of money.
"You would have to spend a lot of money.
You may also want to watch:
"He's a really good footballer, the lad. Really technical and a really good footballer.
"He's got a lovely left foot and is still learning the game."
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina