Lambert would be in favour of the Championship having a winter break – do you agree?
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Paul Lambert says he would be in favour of the Championship having a winter break.
Ipswich Town play five games in 15 days over the festive period and that’s ‘too many’ according to their boss.
Many European leagues shut down for a spell at this time of year, something Lambert experienced himself as a player at German club Borussia Dortmund.
“I’ve been asked about this a million times and for me the winter break is the best way forward,” said the Scot.
“It’s brilliant because it gets everyone refreshed. That’s players, people working at the club and even supporters.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a break to recover, have time with the families. I’m fortunate to have experienced that so I know exactly what it’s like.”
Premier League clubs will have one weekend off in February from the 2019/20 season onwards.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
The FA Cup fifth round will be moved to midweek dates with replays being scrapped at that stage. The three EFL divisions are otherwise unaffected.
TOWN’S FESTIVE FIXTURES 2018
Sat, Dec 22: Sheffield United (h) D 1-1
Weds, Dec 26: QPR (a)
Sat, Dec 29: Middlesbrough (a)
Tues, Jan 1: Millwall (h)
Sat, Jan 5: Accrington Stanley (a) – FA Cup 3rd rd