Lankester aims to be back before end of the season
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town forward Jack Lankester is targeting an injury comeback before the end of the season.
The 19-year-old academy graduate burst on the scene last October, but hasn't featured in a competitive game since January 19 due to two separate back injuries - a fresh problem in pre-season requiring surgery.
"I'm doing alright now," he told the club website. "I've had a couple of little setbacks along the way, which happens, but I think I'm past that now and on the final bit of my recovery.
"I'm looking to get back on the grass and step up my rehab around March and push on from there and hopefully play some games before the end of the season. That's my target and it would be great if it happens.
"It's been really tough being on the sidelines and seeing the lads going out to train every day.
You may also want to watch:
"I haven't really played in a year and sometimes it can be quite dark at times and you feel on your own but the support I've had around me at the club, with the players and staff is amazing and that has made it easier."
- 1 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 2 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 3 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Matchday Live: Live updates as Town take on Cambridge
- 7 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial