Lashings All Stars see off Copdock & Old Ipswichian in front of Henry Blofeld
- Credit: Archant
The Lashings All Stars XI extended their undefeated run to 58 matches courtesy of a 58-run victory over Copdock & Old Ipswichian Cricket Club.
More than 500 spectators were present to see legendary cricket commentator Henry Blofeld declare the club’s new, extended pavilion officially open before the T20 match on Wednesday.
West Indian Kirk Edwards top-scored with 80, sharing a second-wicket stand of 124 with ex-England batsman Usman Afzaal, who struck an unbeaten 53 in Lashings’ total of 219 for two.
Suffolk opening batsman Martyn Cull (40) and Archie Gravell (43) put on 74 for the second wicket in Copdock’s reply, which fell away in a flurry of wickets.
Steve Gauke, chairman of the match organising committee, said: “It has been a fabulous day, and we owe a big thank you to Lashings for putting on a great show.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks are also due to the sponsors and everyone else who made it possible.”
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 6 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 7 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 8 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 9 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 10 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship