Lashings of success for Scott
HAVERHILL’S Scott Webb had a day to remember as he claimed five wickets and the man-of-the-match award against Lashings despite ending on the losing side.
Off spinner Webb took five for 37 in the match at Haverhill’s Manor Road ground – the fifth time Lashings have visited the Suffolk club – as the visitors made 202 for eight.
Webb’s victims included the Pakistan batsman Mohammad Yousuf, who was playing for Lashings. New Zealander Ian Butler top-scored for the visitors with 72.
Haverhill replied with 162 for nine, Dan Poole scoring 39 and skipper Luke Youngs 38, as Lashings won last Thursday’s match, which was watched by more than 700 spectators, by 40 runs.
Earlier in the week a Marshall Hatchick Two Counties Championship representative side lost by three wickets to the Tucker Gardner Cambridgeshire League after posting a total of 194 for nine.
You may also want to watch:
Haverhill’s Adam Dellar led the way for the Two Counties with 86 and team mate Youngs chipped in with 24. Essex and Wivenhoe batsman Billy Godleman made 48, but it was all to prove in vain.
The matches formed part of Haverhill’s 150th anniversary celebrations during their Cricket Week.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 5 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 6 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 9 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
- 10 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide