Last time they met: Ipswich let a lead slip twice to draw 2-2 at Forest
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Daryl Murphy scored two impressive goals to twice give the Blues the lead at the City Ground, but Mick McCarthy’s side only came away with a point in October last year.
The Irishman drove in from the right wing, twisted and turned and fired home the opener from just inside the box after 19 minutes, before Robert Tesche headed home the equaliser at the back post after the break.
Murphy gave the Blues the lead again with a well placed header from around the penalty spot, eight minutes later, on 71 minutes, before Mikail Antonio converted from a corner in the 90th minute to deny the Blues.
Video courtesy of ITFC Player
Forest: Darlow, Lichaj (Harding), Mancienne, Wilson (Lascelles), Hunt, Lansbury, Antonio, Burke (Veldwijk), Tesche, Fryatt, Assombalonga.
Subs not used: De Vries, Grant, Osborn, Paterson.
Town: Gerken, Parr, Mings, Berra, Chambers, Hyam (Tabb), Skuse, Williams (Bishop), Murphy, McGoldrick (Smith), Sammon.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 3 Body of man found in Saxmundham
- 4 Company fined nearly £4k for further food hygiene breaches
- 5 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 6 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 7 Five players that could help change Town's fortunes at Wigan
- 8 'I apologise for the misunderstanding' - Nsiala issues statement
- 9 Watch: Stowupland Falcons football pitches damaged by driver
- 10 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
Subs not used: Bialkowski, Bru, Henshall, Bajner.