Last time we met: MK Dons 3 Ipswich Town 3 (Dons win 5-3 on penalties)
Tomorrow’s visit to stadium:mk will be just the Blues’ second game against MK Dons, with their first ending in a defeat on penalties in the League Cup in 2007.
The Blues had to battle back from 2-0 down to take the game to extra time, with Alan Lee and a Kieron Murphy own goal levelling matters following Leon Knight’s opener and after Alex Bruce put through his own net.
It looked as though Owen Garvan’s extra time goal would be enough to take the Blues through, but there was a late sting in the tail as Kevin Gallen slotted home from the spot in the 120th minute to take the game to a shootout.
The host scored all five of their penalties to take them through, with Jason De Vos, Jon Walters and Billy Clarke netting for Ipswich and Dan Harding having his saved by Nathan Abbey.
MK Dons: Abbey, Stirling, O’Hanlon, Murphy, Lewington, Howell (Gallen), Wright, Navarro (Edds), McGovern (Dyer), Wilbraham, Knight.
You may also want to watch:
Subs not used: Gueret, Carayol
Ipswich Town: Alexander; Wright, Bruce, De Vos, Harding; Walters, Garvan, Miller, Roberts (Haynes), Lee (Legwinski), Counago (Clarke).
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
Subs not used: Supple, Wilnis.