Last time we met: Smith’s rocket is not enough as Town slip to QPR defeat
Tommy Smith’s superb volley in the closing stages wasn’t nearly enough for Ipswich Town as QPR won 3-1 on their last visit to Portman Road.
Second half goals from Niko Kranjcar, Gary O’Neill and Armand Traore wrapped up the points for the hoops in January 2014, with Smith’s acrobatic effort only serving as a consolation.
You can watch the highlights above.
Ipswich Town: Gerken, Chambers (Mings 86), Smith, Berra, Cresswell; Anderson (Hunt 72), Skuse, Hyam (Nouble 72), Tunnicliffe; McGoldrick, Taylor.
Unused subs: Loach, Edwards, Tabb, Lee
QPR: Green, Simpson, Dunne, Hill, Assou-Ekotto; Carroll, Barton (Henry 40), Krancjar (Phillips 86), Benayoun (Traore 68), Austin, O’Neill.
Subs not used: Murphy, Onuhoha, Wright-Phillips, Johnson.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 3 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 7 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 8 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 9 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 10 Kenlock departs as defender joins familiar faces in League Two