Late winner for Woodpeckers
LEE O'Neill netted an injury-time winner to give Woodbridge a 2-1 win over AFC Sudbury last night.It means Woodbridge go into the new season on the back of four straight wins.
LEE O'Neill netted an injury-time winner to give Woodbridge a 2-1 win over AFC Sudbury last night.
It means Woodbridge go into the new season on the back of four straight wins.
The visitors had taken a fifth-minute lead when Gareth Heath swivelled to finish well past Marcus Garnham.
Both sides had chances thereafter, with Allicion Blake and Ben Seaman shooting wide for Woodbridge and Sudbury's Simon Head hitting the inside of a post.
You may also want to watch:
A quadruple substitution on the hour galvanised the home side and they equalised 10 minutes later when Blake drilled home before he then sent a spectacular dipping volley just wide.
Marcus Garnham foiled Tommy Noble twice late on but in between O'Neill capitalised on a mistake by goalkeeper Dave Walton to poke home the winner.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
Witham Town's keenly-anticipated friendly against Dagenham & Redbridge was a victim of the weather last night.
Heavy rain in the hour before kick-off led to the pitch being waterlogged and the game had to be cancelled.