Lawson gets the call for Panthers as League Cup final against Edinburgh takes centre stage this weekend as Bjerre set for suspension
Former Peterborough favourite Richard Lawson has been called up to lead the club’s bid for Premier League Cup glory.
Lawson, who currently races for top-flight Lakeside and Redcar in the second tier, has accepted guest bookings to represent the ‘TC Harrison’ Panthers in both legs of a Final showdown against Edinburgh.
Lawson replaces Lasse Bjerre who misses the opening leg at the East of England Showground on Sunday (2pm) due to a clash with a major individual meeting in the Czech Republic, but it is a decision which will earn him a suspension.
Panthers have also drafted in Somerset racer Todd Kurtz as a guest for the retired Ales Dryml in the home leg.
Kurtz delivered a sparkling display when standing in during a 49-40 league victory over Rye House last month.
You may also want to watch:
Panthers boss Carl Johnson said: “I feel we have brought in two excellent guests who both jumped at the chance of riding for Peterborough in a big final.
“Richard is a proven performer around the Showground and one of the leading riders in the Premier League while Todd showed everyone what he is about when riding so well for us against Rye House.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
“Along with Ulrich (Ostergaard) and Adam (Roynon) they will hopefully give us the firepower to pick up a good result in the first leg.
“We need to go to Edinburgh with a decent cushion and I’ll be setting the lads a target of a lead of at least 10 points.”
Panthers will also operate rider replacement to cover the absence of Richard Hall, who called time on his second spell as a Peterborough rider last month.
‘TC Harrison’ Panthers line-up: 1 Richard Lawson (guest), 2 Adam Roynon, 3 Todd Kurtz (guest), 4 Rider replacement for Richard Hall, 5 Ulrich Ostergaard, 6 Max Dilger, 7 Nicki Barrett.