‘I can’t see anything moving’ – U’s boss McGreal
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, confirmed, at this lunchtime’s press conference that no transfer activity was likely in either direction on transfer deadline day today.
Speaking ahead of this Saturday’s first home game of the season, against Port Vale, McGreal revealed: “Our dealing are more or less done for the window.
“We have no phone calls about any of our players, which is good news.
“I can’t see anything moving, both ways.
“It’s a bit different with loans, because that deadline is not until the end of the match,” added McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
The U’s started the week by announcing the welcome news that Kane Vincent-Young had decided to sign a new deal – Vincent-Young’s previous contract had expired, and so he was not registered to play at Notts County last Saturday.
But the 22-year-old has since opted to sign a new two-year contract, with the option of another year.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143