Lee double as Town hit back to win
Ipswich Town 3 Sunderland 1ALAN Lee hit a double as The Blues came from a goal down to end Roy Keane's unbeaten start as a Sunderland manager.Ipswich had to dig deep in a physical first half and went behind when jason De Vos stuck through his own net.
By Derek Davis
Ipswich Town 3 Sunderland 1
ALAN Lee hit a double as The Blues came from a goal down to end Roy Keane's unbeaten start as a Sunderland manager.
Ipswich had to dig deep in a physical first half and went behind when jason De Vos stuck through his own net.
But Darren Currie equalised with a superbly struck free kick and provided the cross that led to Lee nodding in his first.
Lee rounded things off after poor Mackem defending and the Irishman ran on to a long de Vos header before rounding the keeper and scoring his third goal in two games.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 6 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 9 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 10 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
Ross Wallace was dismissed for his second booking but Sunderland were well beaten by then anyway.