Lee saves the day
Ipswich Town 1 Burnley 1ALAN Lee sent the Ipswich crowd home happy with a late, late equaliser at home to Burnley.It looked as if the curse of the late goal was once again going to work against The Blues when Kyle Lafferty scored for the clarets in the 86th minute.
By Derek Davis
Ipswich Town 1 Burnley 1
ALAN Lee sent the Ipswich crowd home happy with a late, late equaliser at home to Burnley.
You may also want to watch:
It looked as if the curse of the late goal was once again going to work against The Blues when Kyle Lafferty scored for the clarets in the 86th minute.
But Lee fired in from the penalty spot after Gifton Noel-Williams handled a Gary Roberts' corner.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
Billy Clarke, Sylvain Legwinski and Jaime Peters went closest for Ipswich, while John McGreal and Kyle Lafferty had the best chances for Burnley.
Richard Naylor had a penalty claim turned down late in the first half after he appeared to be pushed over.
Fabian Wilnis not even included in the 16, which sends a huge message to the Dutchman about his Ipswich Town future and it will be no surprise if clubs try to take him on loan in January
Full story in this weekend's Green'Un and all the reaction in Monday's Evening Star and EADT