Leiston and Lowestoft handed away draws in the FA Cup but Bury Town are at home
BURY Town and Lowestoft Town could both face same-league opponents in the FA Cup second qualifying round following today’s draw.
The Trawlerboys have been drawn away at Wealdstone with both sides currently occupying places in the top six of the Ryman League Premier Division.
Divisional rivals, Bury Town, will face Wingate and Finchley or Royston Town in the second qualifying round, which is due to be played on Saturday, September 22.
Leiston have been handed a decent chance of progression, though they will have to travel to Farnham, near Surrey, for their match against Badshot Lea from the Combined Counties Premier Division.
Elsewhere, Chelmsford City will host Leatherhead from the Ryman League South Division while fellow Essex boys, Heybridge Swifts and Maldon and Tipree, travel to Hayes and Yeading United and Brentwood Town respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The last remaining representatives from the Thurlow Nunn League, Dereham Town and Wisbech, are still awaiting the outcome of first qualifying round replays.
Wisbech have to overcome Kettering tomorrow night to earn a trip to Boston United while Dereham are awaiting the winners of Chasetown and Market Drayton Town.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The winners of the second qualifying round matches will all receive �4,500.