Leiston beat Ryman opposition
Leiston once again gave a good account of themselves against Ryman League opposition in pre-season with a narrow victory over Harlow Town.
LEISTON once again gave a good account of themselves against Ryman League opposition in pre-season with a narrow victory over Harlow Town.
The winning goal came in the 39th minute when a long Stuart Boardley’s long throw into the box was fumbled by the keeper allowing Leon Ottley-Gooch to drill home through a crowd of players.
Both sides had created good chances before the goal, with Blake Saker dragging a shot wide at one end and Mark Goldfinch producing a fine last ditch tackle at the other.
The second half was a competitive affair with both sides making changes to their starting line ups throughout. Harlow certainly came more into the game as the half progressed and could and perhaps should have left with a share of the spoils.
You may also want to watch:
Midway through the second half they appeared to have equalised when a header hit the inside of the post and rolled along the goal line before being smothered by keeper Jamie Stannard.
Late in the game Stannard had to be alert again with a smart reaction save as Harlow pushed forward in the dying moments looking for an equaliser.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
Leiston: Stannard, Saker, Goldfinch, D Head (Payne), Stace (Harrop), S Head, Brothers (Kerslake), Ottley-Gooch, Heath (Eagle), Boardley, Calver (Block).