Leiston beat Ryman opposition
Leiston once again gave a good account of themselves against Ryman League opposition in pre-season with a narrow victory over Harlow Town.
LEISTON once again gave a good account of themselves against Ryman League opposition in pre-season with a narrow victory over Harlow Town.
The winning goal came in the 39th minute when a long Stuart Boardley’s long throw into the box was fumbled by the keeper allowing Leon Ottley-Gooch to drill home through a crowd of players.
Both sides had created good chances before the goal, with Blake Saker dragging a shot wide at one end and Mark Goldfinch producing a fine last ditch tackle at the other.
The second half was a competitive affair with both sides making changes to their starting line ups throughout. Harlow certainly came more into the game as the half progressed and could and perhaps should have left with a share of the spoils.
Midway through the second half they appeared to have equalised when a header hit the inside of the post and rolled along the goal line before being smothered by keeper Jamie Stannard.
Late in the game Stannard had to be alert again with a smart reaction save as Harlow pushed forward in the dying moments looking for an equaliser.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 9 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
Leiston: Stannard, Saker, Goldfinch, D Head (Payne), Stace (Harrop), S Head, Brothers (Kerslake), Ottley-Gooch, Heath (Eagle), Boardley, Calver (Block).