Leiston desperate to stop the rot in Ryman Premier as Tonbidge Angels visit
- Credit: Archant
Leiston are desperate to stop the rot in the Ryman Premier Division.
Unfortunately, they could have chosen easier opponents to attempt to do that against, the Blues hosting fourth-placed Tonbridge Angels tomorrow night.
Leiston go into the game at Victory Road on the back of six defeats in their last seven – the one-time leaders now five points outside the play-off places.
However, they will be buoyed by the fact that tomorrow’s opponents squandered a 3-1 lead at home to Needham Market at the weekend, eventually losing 4-3 – albeit with 10 men.
But the Blues have to get their own house in order first, their latest setback coming against second-bottom Hendon, on Saturday, the London side recording just their second home win of the season.
You may also want to watch:
After tonight’s game, league leaders Bognor Regis visit Victory Road on Saturday, capping off what could be a pivotal five days for the hosts.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 5 Matchday Live: Town two up on basement boys
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan