Bostik League round-up: Leiston go top after win at Dorking Wanderers
- Credit: James Bass
Leiston moved to the top of the Bostik Premier Division after a 2-0 win away to Dorking Wanderers on Saturday, writes Craig Cooper.
After a goalless first half, Patrick Brothers opened the scoring after an hour before Joe Marsden finished off the match late on. Leiston travel to Tonbridge Angels on Tuesday night in their next league match.
Elsewhere in the Premier, Lowestoft Town beat Kingstonian 2-1 at home, with a brace from Jake Reed, while Needham Market enjoyed a weekend off.
In Division One North, Mark Morsley’s AFC Sudbury beat Romford 2-1. Jamie Eaton-Collins gave the Suffolk side the lead after just two minutes, before Greg Akpele’s deflected shot brought the visitors level after an hour.
But Sudbury were not to be denied, as Jake Clowsley steered home the winner from Sam Mills’ cross after 71 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Mildenhall Town also won, 3-1 at Barking, with goals from Sean Avis, Dan Brown and Craig Calver.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 9 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 10 190 homes plan in Bramford village will meet 'rising demand' for housing