Leiston manager Mark Morsley scoops second award
LEISTON manager Mark Morsley has scooped his second managerial award in three months.
Morsley has been named as the Macron Ryman League Division One North Manager of the Month for February - just two months after claiming the December award.
Although Leiston had exactly the same playing record in February as Enfield Town - played three, won three, eight goals for and two goals against - Morsley won the award by virtue of the fact that Leiston had two away fixtures to Enfield’s one.
Leiston extended their lead at the top of the league over Enfield to four points yesterday thanks to a 1-0 win at Brentwood Town while a last-minute goal earned AFC Sudbury a 3-3 draw at Enfield.
The win, courtesy of a Rhys Henry goal, made it 20 games undefeated for Leiston and a remarkable ten away league wins in a row in their first season in the Ryman League.
You may also want to watch:
Leiston now turn their attentions to the LB Group Suffolk Premier Cup when they face Bury Town in the semi-final at Needham Market’s Bloomfields ground on Tuesday night, kick-off 7.45pm.
In-form Bury will be bidding to reach their second cup final of the season, after defeating Lowestoft Town in the semi-finals of the Alan Boon Cup.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism