Leiston, Needham through but Felixstowe go out
TWO GOALS by Gareth Heath gave Leiston a superb victory over Folkestone Invicta in last night’s FA Cup second qualifying round replay.
Goalkeeper Jamie Stannard also saved a penalty as Leiston claimed the scalp of their Ryman League Premier Division opponents, who play two rungs higher than the Suffolk side on the non-league ladder.
Leiston will now be at home in the third qualifying round to North Greenford United after the Middlesex side eased past Felixstowe & Walton United 3-0 in their replay.
A crowd of 305 - the largest at Dellwood Avenue for some time - saw Glenn Snell, who was making his first start for the club, receive a straight red card just before half time with the home team trailing 1-0.
The visitors added two more in the second half to book a return trip to Suffolk on Saturday, October 9.
You may also want to watch:
Needham Market made no mistake at the second attempt as they won 2-0 at Ryman League Division One South side Chipstead following Saturday’s goalless draw at Bloomfields.
Needham had to battle against their hosts to win the tie thanks to goals from Darren Bethell and Craig Parker to set up a home match against Ebbsfleet United, who won 4-2 at home to Cray Wanderers.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
Bury Town will attempt to join Leiston and Needham in the third qualifying round when they travel to Grays Athletic for their replay tonight following Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Ram Meadow.