Leiston release striker Danny Smy
DANNY Smy has left Leiston - just ten weeks after re-joining the Ryman League Premier Division side.
Smy’s work commitments saw him leave Leiston in the summer after helping the Suffolk side to win Ryman League Division One North at the first attempt last season.
The striker subsequently signed for Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division Felixstowe & Walton United, but a change in his work patterns saw him re-join Leiston at the start of October.
But Leiston, who tonight travel to Ram Meadow to face Bury Town in an eagerly-awaited Ryman Premier match, have now decided to release Smy.
Leiston manager Mark Morsley said: “It is really sad that I feel that Danny will not be a part of our squad going forward.
You may also want to watch:
“He has been a valuable part of our success since I joined the club and I believe that a lot of the goals we scored from midfield in the two championship-winning seasons were down to his tireless work and excellent hold up play whilst leading the line.
“On a personal note I will miss the guy as I think he’s a great lad but I believe it is the right decision for the dynamics of the squad and that must always come first.”
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 9 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
For updates on tonight’s match follow @Nick_Garnham on Twitter.