Leiston’s Victory Road ground given green light for promotion
IMPROVEMENTS to Leiston’s Victory Road ground, probably the only thing that could have stopped the runaway leaders achieving promotion this season, have been given the green light by FA and league officials.
The Ridgeons League Premier Division table-toppers have achieved a Grade E grading to ensure their ground is ready for Ryman League football, should they achieve promotion this season.
The fact they are 15 points clear of Dereham Town with two games in hand makes them red-hot favourites to win the league.
And they now have a ground to match after a “tremendous effort” off-the-pitch.
Dave Rees, club secretary and press officer, said: “It goes without saying how extremely grateful we are for all those who have worked tirelessly to achieve this. There are too many to name but they have done a fantastic job and the whole operation has been superbly orchestrated by vice-chairman Peter Mayhew who has spent days and nights at the club to make sure the deadline date was met as well as working alongside everyone.”
You may also want to watch:
Set a March 31 deadline, the work has included additional seating, new turnstile housing, external toilets, new fire exits and internal changes and road and footpath improvements.
Promotion, and indeed the league championship, could be clinched as early as next Tuesday night with Leiston hosting basement side Histon Reserves on Saturday and then third placed Wroxham.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
Two wins, and Dereham dropping points at the weekend at home to Debenham LC, and the celebrations can begin nice and early all the way around Victory Road.