Leiston snare Jemel Fox
AFC Sudbury discard Jemel Fox is included in the Leiston squad for today’s game against Romford.
Fox signed for the Ryman League Division One North leaders yesterday, after his contracted was terminated by their Suffolk rivals.
Leiston manager Mark Morsley said of the 20-year-old left-sided player: “He is a player I have admired for some time after I first came across him at Needham Market.
“He ticks all the boxes for the type of player I am after, with his hunger, fitness and physique.”
Fox had his contract terminated by AFC Sudbury manager Chris Tracey for an alleged continued breach of terms and conditions. Fox did not appeal during the written notice period.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this season Fox vowed to learn from his mistakes after being handed a 56-day ban following his sending off in a six-a-side league game after disputing the dismissal of another player.
He was suspended for 35 days for being sent off and received an additional 21-day ban for refusing to give his name to the match official and only returned to competitive action towards the end of October.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
Fox’s departure follows that of on-loan Bury Town midfielder Luke Ingram. Tracey cancelled his Ryman League registration at AFC after declaring he was not fit enough, and he has since returned to Hadleigh United on loan.
Meanwhile, veteran striker Stuart Jopling is poised to make his Diss Town debut at home to Dereham Town today.
The 37-year-old has returned to Diss after falling out of favour at fellow Ridgeons Legue Premier Division side Hadleigh United.