Leiston to attack Darts in FA Cup replay
MARK Morsley has promised to send his Leiston players on the attack in tonight’s FA Cup replay at Dartford with a mouthwatering visit of Port Vale awaiting the winners.
The Suffolk side commendably drew 0-0 with their higher-league opposition in Saturday’s Fourth Round Qualifying match as the three divisions difference proved virtually non-existent during the 90 minutes.
But Dartford are a very different opposition at home, currently unbeaten at their Princes Park ground in seven league and cup matches this season.
While well aware of the challenge facing his side, the Leiston boss insists an attacking approach should be adopted after honours were even at the weekend.
Morsley said: “We have a difficult job against a Dartford side who have an excellent home record. I thought we just edged the match on Saturday and I just hope we won’t rue our missed chances from that game.”
You may also want to watch:
Leiston will again be without suspended playmaker Angelo Harrop and also Matt Stace who cannot make the match due to work commitments.
Morsley added: “I won’t be changing the personnel but, after what I saw on Saturday, I might change the shape of the side to make us more attacking. Dartford will create chances and they will probably score so we can’t just sit back and hope to nick a goal.”
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season