Leon Best scores again for Ipswich Town Under-23s
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town striker Leon Best netted is third goal in as many Under-23 games as Gerard Nash’s side beat Leeds United 4-0 at Portman Road last night.
Best – a free agent addition following his summer release by Rotherham – had a limited pre-season, after training with West Brom for a spell, and only made his Town senior debut as an 88th minute substitute in Saturday’s goalless home draw with Aston Villa.
He scored the game’s second goal last night, finishing at the second attempt.
Fellow first team forward Luke Varney also started the match, but went off injured in the first half.
His replacement, England Under-18 international striker Ben Morris, put the Blues in front in the first half, Josh Emmanuel scored a third soon after Best’s goal before Morris netted his second of the game to complete the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Dean Gerken, Paul Digby – who played in midfielder – and Andre Dozzell were also in a strong-looking line-up.
IPSWICH TOWN U23s: Gerken, Emmanuel, Kenlock, Digby, Fowler, C Smith, Blanchfield (Benyu 63), Dozzell, Best (Patterson 70), Varney (Morris 25), McLoughlin.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
LEEDS UNITED U23s: Peacock-Farrell, Whitehouse, Vann, M Taylor, Pearce, Oduor, Shaughnessy, Stokes, J McKay, Mulhern, Wilks.