Let the new season begin!
COLCHESTER United kick off their 2012-13 season at Yeovil this evening, in a Capital One Cup first round tie.
The U’s could not have been handed a much tougher first four fixtures of the campaign, with Saturday’s League One opener at Preston to follow, as a prelude to back-to-back home games against Portsmouth and promotion favourites Sheffield United.
Ben Coker is the only U’s player set to miss out due to injury.
Former Bury Town stalwart Coker sustained a dead leg during Saturday’s 1-0 win at Bishop’s Stortford, in the U’s last pre-season friendly, and is unlikely to make the trip to Somerset.
Otherwise, manager John Ward will have a full-strength squad to choose from, numbering 20 players.
You may also want to watch:
If tonight’s game ends in a draw, after 90 minutes, then there will be extra-time and the possibility of a penalty shoot-out.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket