Liverpool close in on Danish teen
LIVERPOOL are on the verge of signing Danish starlet Nikolaj Kohlert, according to the player's agent. (Sky Sports)Kohlert enjoyed a trial at Liverpool earlier this year and the Reds have moved quickly to line up a deal for the Esbjergs midfielder.
LIVERPOOL are on the verge of signing Danish starlet Nikolaj Kohlert, according to the player's agent. (Sky Sports)
Kohlert enjoyed a trial at Liverpool earlier this year and the Reds have moved quickly to line up a deal for the Esbjergs midfielder.
The 16-year-old is yet to make his debut for Esbjerg and should he sign for Liverpool he will continue his footballing education with the club's academy.
Kohlert's agent, Allan Nielsen, says only personal terms need to be agreed for the deal to be finalised with Rafa Benitez's men.
You may also want to watch:
“I can say as much as there will be a meeting in Liverpool today. The only thing remaining is the personal contract,” said Nielsen.
“I see no immediate problems in the clubs agreeing. There should be no problems at all but last but not least, it will be up to Esbjerg. But I am sure this will be no problem.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
“This is a fantastic opportunity for a 16-year-old. He is ready both as a person and as a footballer. He will probably start in the academy on a scholarship before he turns 17.
“After that it will be the reserve team and then he will get a professional contract for three years with an additional option for Liverpool.
“It is a really, really good contract. All that's remaining now is to get the details in place today.”